Friday, November 6, 2009

Federation


Last year was my first year participating in the popular music festival Federation. I only entered two of my students that were transfer students because I just wanted to get my feet wet the first year and see how I liked it. I was a little nervous when preparing my students for the festival since they had received superior ratings the previous two years (the highest rating). If they received a superior rating for a third year, they would receive a gold cup. Needless to say, I felt a little pressure when choosing their pieces and helping them learn them. I also had them skip four levels since I felt that they had surpassed the material from those levels. However, they are both wonderful students and are very artistic and musical. They not only impressed me, but the judges as well. Good job girls! And good luck to all of my students participating this upcoming year.

No comments:

Post a Comment